Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours freezing time
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 250g extra-light cream cheese
- 150g reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 x 150g Frûche Vanilla Bean
- Zest of 1 orange
- Mint leaves, to garnish
1. Place raspberries, blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 4–5 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Combine cream cheese, sour cream and Frûche in a large bowl. Add orange zest and mix until smooth.
3. Add cooled berries to cream cheese mixture. Use a stick blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
4. Transfer mixture to a container or pour into individual moulds and freeze overnight. Serve with thawed frozen berries and garnish with mint leaves.
867 kJ (207 Cal), 9.0 g fat (saturated 5.7g), 6.0 g protein, 24.6 g carbohydrate, 2.2g fibre, 143 mg sodium
Recipe and image from Australian Healthy Food Guide’s 101-Diabetes-friendly recipes.
Recipe sourced from The Glycemic Index Foundation.