Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
300 g (10½ oz) lower-GI potatoes, such as Carisma, cut into small cubes
350 g (12 oz) cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 tablespoons curry leaves, plus extra to serve
olive oil spray
1 brown onion, sliced
2 long green chillies, sliced, plus extra to serve
30 g (1 oz) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
150 g (5½ oz) reduced-fat plain yoghurt
coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
60 g (2¼ oz/½ cup) chickpea flour (besan)
75 g (2½ oz/½ cup) wholemeal plain (whole-wheat all-purpose) flour
45 g (1½ oz/¼ cup) rice flour
1 small handful coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
olive oil spray
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and cook for 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the potatoes are soft when tested with a knife. Drain the vegetables and set aside.
- Lightly spray the extra curry leaves with olive oil. Cook in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add the remaining curry leaves, chillies, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until aromatic. Add the potatoes, cauliflower and 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) water. Stir for 1 minute or until combined and the potatoes are slightly mashed. Cover and keep warm while you cook the dosa.
- To make the dosa, combine the flours with 310 ml (10¾ fl oz/1¼ cups) water and whisk to make a runny batter. Stir in the coriander. Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add a quarter of the batter to the pan, tilting and swirling to make a thin round. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter to make four dosa in total.
- Divide the potato mixture among the dosa, fold over and top with the yoghurt, coriander sprigs, extra chilli and fried curry leaves. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Nutritional information per serve:
1225 kJ, 4 g fat (1g saturated), 13 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates, 8 g fibre, 50 mg sodium
Give it a go and let us know what you think! Happy cooking